Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Upate on my car (2005 SRT4)

I have fallen in love with my car after seeing it on craigslist. I wasn't particularly fond of SRT-4s until I have seen what they can look like.  Just like everyone I simply saw it as another Neon and nothing special.

What made me fall in love with my car was the color. I  have never seen a stone white srt before so I had to have it. To be honest that was the only thing that drew me to the car.  One day I will go into depth about the car as far as modifications go but just now that for right now it is just enough power for me.

After owning the car I had changed my intake manifold gasket after hearing the famous tea kettle sound. I had replaced it with an OEM gasket and let me tell you the stock cardboard like material didn't stand a chance. Just 3 months after installing it blew again. So this time I decided to go with a intake manifold spacer. I found an off brand one on ebay that looked similar to those made by Hondata and I have yet to install it. The reason I purchased the product off ebay wasn't due to me being cheap it was to simply test the waters on ebay products. The product looks very good and it was just $10 less than top of the line brands. I will post a picture tonight of the gasket.

But here is a pic of the srt when I bought her.


And how she sits now....



No comments:

Post a Comment